Baker's is a vibrant, fast paced, award winning coffee shop, bar and restaurant which thrives on atmosphere and experience.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the team and learn from the best. We are looking for an hospitality chef with the wow-factor. It is a fantastic time to come on board as we rebuild our business post Covid and look to expand further.
Candidates must have excellent presentation skills and be passionate about food, customer service and the delivery of an effective and efficient product. They must be focused on the customer experience from entry to leaving the restaurant and must work and communicate well within a team.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and committed individual to take up our Hospitality Apprentice. You will learn from our experienced and passionate team in a range of roles across the business. You will also have the opportunity to learn offsite and gain experience in a range of other settings through our business links.
In order to be successful you will need to be motivated and committed to completing a minimum of 1 year training.
We do not require lots of previous qualifications or experience as we are looking for the right attitude and a willingness to learn and get stuck in! Our apprenticeships are open to anyone aged 16 and over.
As part of the role you will
· Working in all areas of food and beverage as needed to deliver an excellent guest experience
· Take and deliver customer orders and work to high standards of customer service
· Welcome guests in a polite and friendly manner
· Consistently demonstrating high levels of customer service
· Prepare set ups for tables and/or rooms
· Prepare a variety of desserts
· Follow cash handling procedures
· Prepare barista style drinks
· Become confident in mixology
· Manage guest queries in a timely and efficient manner
· Ensure compliance of brand standards
· Strive to achieve departmental targets
· Ensure cleanliness of work areas
· Assist other departments wherever necessary and maintain good working relationships
If you do not have your own transport you should consider this as the post does involve some weekend and evening work.
We will be conducting virtual interviews via video link in the first instance with a view to an in person interview once restrictions permit. Please note this position is full time and would be looking for you to start work when restrictions are lifted and we reopen until the end of the year.